A massive & heartfelt thank you to everyone who made our stall at Manor House Gardens Festival yesterday such a huge success. We are very grateful to everyone – long standing members, new members, absent members who sent donations, non-members and even non-ladies! – who:
– arrived in the morning to help set up the stall & gazebo and carried tables into the park
– baked a fabulous range of cakes and biscuits, including our highly praised gluten-free range!
– made all those gorgeous jams, jellies, chutneys, cordials, and fudge
– brought along a wonderful display of plants, herbs and flowers
– helped run the stall through the afternoon and early evening
– donated plates, knives, table cloths, doilies and trugs to dress the stall and make it (and our itinerant Edwardian lady!) look amazing
– visited the stall to buy produce, have a chat and to guess the combined weight of the committee (& well done committee for revealing your personal details!). For those interested, the correct weight was 127 stones and 7lbs
– stayed until the end of a long, hot and very successful day to help clear every thing away, dismantle the gazebo and carry those trestle tables back home again.
We really hope you enjoyed the day and had as much fun as we did! And we are very proud to announce that we made a record total of £450!! This is a fabulous result – thank you so very much to you all!
Your WI Committee